The 2016 Southern California APSS Book Selling University
October 1, 2016
Skirball Center, Los Angeles
Outselling Bestsellers –
A Day with Matthew Bennett
Matthew Bennett has developed a simple, step-by-step system through which he has sold over 5,000,000 books while raising millions of dollars for a wide variety of charities. This system can be followed on a very limited budget and you don’t need to deal with bookstores, agents or publishers.
It’s called, Outselling Bestsellers, and now Matthew is on a personal mission to help you get your message heard by the masses – and your books sold by the tens-of-thousands.
Here’s the best part…Outselling Bestsellers: 1) Doesn’t require you to be a leading expert; 2) Teaches you how to educate and share with buyers rather than selling; 3) Is uniquely effective without needing any fancy equipment or previous experience, and 4) Has helped many authors just like you get great results.
All you need is a well-written book that offers genuine benefits to a large group of readers, a driving passion for your project and to be open to learning and applying new concepts.
Just think of all the time, energy, headaches, and money you’ll save by learning from Matthew’s many successes during his twenty-plus years as a dedicated student of publishing.
Sign up now to join us on October 1
for a one-day extravaganza sponsored by APSS-Santa Clarita
You can become more profitable selling your books in ways that you never imagined and to people you never knew existed — in large, non-returnable quantities.
It will be held from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at the Skirball Cultural Center, 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd. in Los Angeles, CA.
Attendance is limited to the first 50 people to register
Discover creative ways to increase your profitable sales.
Find out how to sell your books (not just books like yours) in large, non-returnable quantities to businesses, corporations, associations, schools, government agencies, the military and non-bookstore retailers.
Leave with a list of prospective buyers in the types of companies and organizations than can lead to long-term, recurring revenue.
Your Coaches for the Day
As an author, Matthew Bennett has sold over 5 million books that have raised millions for charities, all with plenty of media coverage. Matthew’s client list includes a wide range of Fortune 500 companies as well as some of the world’s largest nonprofits. Possessing an award-winning marketing and sales background, his primary focus over the past several years has been developing educational products to motivate and guide aspiring authors (see www.BTDT.com). He has served as State Commissioner with CA Special Olympics and March Of Dimes Volunteer Of The Year, consulted for both the Governor’s Council and President’s Council on Physical Fitness, lectures frequently, coached thousands, and was a part-time Life Coach on Bravo’s Millionaire Matchmaker.
Juan Roberts is an award-winning creative designer and has designed more than 300 book covers, worked on book projects that have been nominated for 4 NAACP Image Awards, winning in 2015. He has done several covers for TV personality, author and relationship expert, Iyanla Vanzant. His Iyanla book cover design, Forgiveness served as the design ethic for an entire Oprah Master Class Tour — marketing, stage, and video.
Agenda for Outselling Bestsellers
he field of self-publishing is exploding worldwide. Whether it’s traditional print, or digital, today’s technology has made it possible for almost anyone to write and print a book. However, most authors quickly discover the reality of how much easier it is to write a book than to sell one. Based on his decades in the industry as an author, publisher, and consultant, Matthew Bennett shares many insights as to the state of the industry. His entertaining, fast-paced presentation also addresses how authors can greatly increase their odds of succeeding through the application of specific marketing, distribution and execution strategies.
8:00 – 8:30 Coffee and networking
Welcome: Willa Robinson, President of APSS-Santa Clarita will introduce the speakers. Matthew Bennett is the primary speaker at today’s workshop. And it will be a workshop where you will be actively involved with creating your future in non-bookstore marketing. Juan Robert adds his significant cover-design expertise.
Session 1: During the morning session Matthew will cover these topics:
- Why you don’t have to be an expert to succeed
- Become more effective -- How to sell tons of books by just making three calls per day
- Pricing your book profitably for orders of ten all the way up to over a millionSimple methods for how to find and get through to the decision-makers at the largest companies in the world
- How to sell through corporate incentive and gifting programs
- How to become an educator instead of a salesperson
Become a master networker and the keys to getting your book known by everyone you know and everyone they know!
- How to develop your one-liner, 30-second elevator pitch, one-sheet, and company hit-list…the simple (and only) tools you will need to successfully promote your book to volume buyers.
Session 2: Three Essentials of an Effective Book Cover – Juan Roberts
Garnering publicity for you and your book is an essential part of creating the platform that will enhance your sales. Bring your title, a twenty-five-word description of your book, and a ten-word description of your market to this interactive and informative class
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch (Provided by APSS-Santa Clarita) and networking Session 3: During the afternoon, Matthew will address these issues:
- The many advantages of making one giant deal instead of hundreds of little ones
- How to reach and help more people, make more money and eliminate risks
- How to create persuasive emails, basic telephone scripts and a host of other support documents
- What a well-designed website can do for you and your business
- The power of professional editing
- How sponsoring companies can buy your book and do deals worth tens-of-millions of dollars that won’t cost them a single penny
- The importance of asking powerful questions (and avoiding “yes-no” questions).
- How to blast through obstacles, fears, and excuses of all kinds, like “I have no time,” or, “I have no money”
- Why you don’t need to spend a lot of money on high-tech or elaborate presentations to do really big deals (not even PowerPoint)
Session 4: Questions and Answers
Register now at bookapss.org/conferences/socal16/registration.php
Registration Fees (Limited to 50 people)
Prior to the event: $139
APSS members: $109
Day of the event: $150
For more information contact: BrianJud@bookapss.org
Special Payment Options:
Discount for a spouse or each additional employee from the same form
Gift certificates available, contact: BrianJud@bookapss.org
APSS will refund 50% of eligible payments until September 19. No refund
after September 19.
For More Information Contact:
Brian Judd, APSS Executive Director
President, APSS - Santa Clarita